I’m a postdoctoral researcher, affiliated with Harvard’s government department and OsloMet. I’m also a Junior Research Fellow at Linacre College, Oxford. I spent 2021-2022 at the Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics.
My research interests are at the intersection of ethics and economics. The focus of my post-doctoral work (funded by the Norwegian Research Council) is on ethical aspects of contagion, both in relation to infectious and non-communicable diseases. The project builds on my Ph.D. thesis in philosophy, where I examine our duties to participants in delicate market transactions.
- Ethical solutions to the problem of organ shortage, Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics w/ Sadie Regmi and John Harris
- The Ethics of Sex Robots, The Oxford Handbook of Digital Ethics w/ Brian Earp.
- The Ethics of Emergencies, Philosophical Studies w/ Ole Martin Moen
- Why States Should Buy Kidneys, Journal of Applied Philosophy
- Prize, not price: reframing rewards for kidney donors, Journal of Medical Ethics
- Racial Justice Requires Drug Policy Overhaul, American Journal of Bioethics w/ Brian Earp, John Lewis, Carl Hart et al.
- Sex selection in India: Why a ban is not justified, Developing World Bioethics
- Pedophilia and Computer-Generated Child Pornography, The Palgrave Handbook of Philosophy and Public Policy w/ Ole Martin Moen
Work under review or in progress:
- Global redistributive auction for vaccine allocation, w/ Peder Skjelbred
- The insurance account of pandemic obligations
- Vaccination, risk, and the principle of beneficence
- Health priority, the All-Inclusive View, and discrimination, w/ Albert Didriksen
- The commodification of animals
- The (economic) value of animal lives, w/ Rasmus B Holmen